Sunday, March 4, 2012

Confession and Forgiveness

I did it, and I am not proud of it.  I did something I knew I shouldn't do, even if I had a  "good reason" for it and knew that it wouldn't hurt anyone else.  But others saw me, and I got caught.  Then I got mad at the person who caught me.  I tried to justify what I had done.  I struggled for a few moments.  And finally admitted to myself that I was wrong.  It was hard.  Now I am just embarrassed.  I can't really take away the impression that I made with the person who caught me and others who may have seen.  I can ask God for forgiveness - for what I did and for my attitude.  I can evaluate my bad decisions from earlier in the day that led me to justify this bad decision.  I can ask for strength to do better in the future.  And I can work on forgiving myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment